Current patients on Weill Cornell CONNECT can login to request an appointment, review past appointments, view test results, contact the office, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I apply for a residency position?
XWe accept applications exclusively through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
- What is the deadline for completed applications?
XThe deadline for completed applications is November 1st.
- How do I sign up for a dermatology elective?
XThe Weill Cornell Department of Dermatology uses VSAS, the Visiting Student Application Service, to receive visiting student applications. To apply to our school, please submit a VSAS application for your preferred electives and dates. For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas or contact VSAS at email@example.com or (202) 478-9878. If you have questions or would like to obtain more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does your program review applications from individuals who have completed a prior residency?
- Are research positions available?
- How many residency slots are available each year?
XFour slots are available.
- What are the interview dates for applicants applying for the positions?
XThe interview dates are generally held on two consecutive days in January. Interviews take place in the afternoon on both days in the faculty practice offices.
- Are there any additional requirements?
XIn addition to the complete ERAS application, we require minimum scores of 200 in the medical licensing exam, three letters of recommendation and one year of US post-grad training.
- Does the department find placement for my intern year?
XNo, you must secure this on your own.
- What is the department's policy on IMGs (International Medical Graduates)?
XThe department does not provide sponsorship or pay for visas. All IMGs must have a current ECFMG certificate. In addition, they must have one year of US post-graduate training in the United States.